Foods and Beverages to Avoid
The following is a list of foods and beverages to avoid because, among other reasons, they fuel fungal overgrowth that likely exists within your body. This can negatively impact your metabolism and neuro-endocrine system as well as burden your immune system to markedly hinder attainment of your health goals.
· no sugar or sugar containing foods or drinks
· no alcoholic beverages
· no coffee or teas
· no cheese or bread
· minimize fruit intake
· no processed meat
Foods To Avoid
· Sweets; sugar and sugar containing foods, especially those containing “fructose” and “high fructose corn syrup”
· Breads, pastries and other raised bakery goods (containing yeast)
· Cheeses: All cheeses.
· Condiments, sauces and vinegar-containing foods: Ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, salad dressings, olives, relishes, chili, soy and shrimp sauces, etc.
· Potatoes,sweet potatoes, poi
· Malt products:Cereals, candy, malted milk drinks.
· Beef: steak, veal, hamburger
· Fish and Shellfish
· Processed and smoked meats:Pickled and smoked meats and fish, bacon, ham, sausages, hot dogs, corned beef, pastrami, etc.
· Edible fungi:All types of mushrooms, morels and truffles.
· All fruits
· Leftovers:Food must be frozen immediately after cooking if you desire to eat it later. Otherwise do not eat even if kept refrigerated otherwise.
· Dried and candied fruits:Raisins, apricots, dates, prunes, figs, pineapple, etc.
· Black Pepper
· Iodized salt containing sugar
Miscellaneous To Avoid
· Supplements containing yeast:Unless a supplement specifically states that it is “yeast free”, you must assume that it does contain yeast.
· Supplements containing “maltodextrin”.
· Medications that list an adverse side-effect that causes some kind of infection or inflammation (“-itis”):Such medications are indicative that they are suppressing your immune system..entirely contrary to your goals and re-acquisition of your total health.
· Any item containing artificial sweeteners
· Avoid microwaving or cooking foods in plastic containers or covering them with plastic wrap.Remove and place in Corningware or Pyrex glass containers when cooking. Cover with a paper towel or paper plate if needed.
· Avoid freezing water in plastic bottles or drinking water from plastic bottles.
Foods and Beverages Allowed
o Yeast-free breads made from allowed grain
· Cereals and Grains
o Brown, black, red, green rice
o Pasta made from above grains
o Noodles made from above grains
o Puffed cereals from allowed grains
o Cereals from above grains (sugar-free)
· Starchy vegetables
· Baked beans (no sugar)
· Peas, green
· Peas, sugarsnap
· Squash, winter (acorn or butternut)
· Lima beans
· Garbanzo, pinto, kidney, white, split or black-eye beans/peas
· Starchy foods prepared with fat
· Muffins (made from allowed grains)
· Pancakes (made from allowed grains and sugar-free recipe)
· Waffles (made from allowed grains and sugar-free recipe)
· Whole wheat crackers (yeast-free)
· Artichokes/artichoke hearts
· Beans (green, wax, Italian)
· Bean sprouts
· Brussel sprouts
· Green onions/scallions
· Greens (collard, kale, mustard, turnip)
· Mixed vegetables
· Salad greens
· Summer squash
· Tomato (vegetable juice, sparingly*)
· Water chestnuts
· Lean meats – medium fat meats
§ Chicken (dark meat, no skin)
§ Turkey (dark meat, no skin)
§ Chicken (white meat, no skin)
§ Duck/goose (well-drained of fat, no skin)
· Meat substitutes
o Cottage cheese (4.5% fat)
o Eggs (well-cooked)
o Tofu (well-cooked)
· Fats and misc.
· Oil (olive, grapeseed)
· Nuts (sparingly*, keep frozen)
· Tahini paste
· Safflower oil
· Seeds (sparingly*)
· Sesame butter
· Salt (including sea salt)
· Approved salad dressing: Anne’s Naturals Lemon and Chive Dressing
· Cayenne pepper
· Distilled water
o Mineral water
o Tahebo (Pau d’Arco) tea or Brazilian teas
o Bottled water, unsweetened
o Agave nectar (pure)
* Sparingly means once or twice a week.